Thursday, May 12, 2005
Starting to feel like home again...
We're delaying putting the house on the market for one week. There are simply too many small things the painters and handyman need to finish, and we'd rather make sure they do it right than fast (considering what we're paying them!) This is actually good news for mutiple reasons: it allows us to get the rooms all staged and have the broker's open house on Tuesday (This is when realtors look around and tell their clients to come see it later in the week.) So our house will go on the market Wednesday or Thursday of next week.
The carpet is in in the family room. It's nice and functional. Sure beats that tile that was designed to look dirty even when it was clean! What were the last owners thinking? I broke a little piece of plastic on top of the sliding wood closet door when I was attempting to put it back on the rails. I heard a crack and thought, oh crap. I went to Home Depot and thought "what are the odds of them having a replacement piece of plastic for a cheap wood closet door from 1983?" Woo hoo! They actually had them; they come in a package of four for $2.00. That is such a nice feeling. And they were in the second aisle I checked, which is the fastest I've found anything in Home Depot!
We also bought black cabinet handles for the kitchen. They look really good against the white doors, and help hide the fact that the kitchen, though functional, hasn't had new cabinets since it was built.
It's coming together. They painted the concrete stoop in the front yesterday. Little things like that (that we really should have done ourselves years ago) make a dramatic difference, which is what we're counting on.
Wanna see Star Wars as performed by Lego people? Well, you can! It's on the Lego site (so it's officially sanctioned) and it's called Revenge of the Brick. It has lots of cute jokes in it, which I'll let you discover for yourself. It's a nice 5- minute break in your day.
Monstee: This one is all for you! MONSTEE LINK
The carpet is in in the family room. It's nice and functional. Sure beats that tile that was designed to look dirty even when it was clean! What were the last owners thinking? I broke a little piece of plastic on top of the sliding wood closet door when I was attempting to put it back on the rails. I heard a crack and thought, oh crap. I went to Home Depot and thought "what are the odds of them having a replacement piece of plastic for a cheap wood closet door from 1983?" Woo hoo! They actually had them; they come in a package of four for $2.00. That is such a nice feeling. And they were in the second aisle I checked, which is the fastest I've found anything in Home Depot!
We also bought black cabinet handles for the kitchen. They look really good against the white doors, and help hide the fact that the kitchen, though functional, hasn't had new cabinets since it was built.
It's coming together. They painted the concrete stoop in the front yesterday. Little things like that (that we really should have done ourselves years ago) make a dramatic difference, which is what we're counting on.
Wanna see Star Wars as performed by Lego people? Well, you can! It's on the Lego site (so it's officially sanctioned) and it's called Revenge of the Brick. It has lots of cute jokes in it, which I'll let you discover for yourself. It's a nice 5- minute break in your day.
Monstee: This one is all for you! MONSTEE LINK
Comments:
<< Home
YAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!
NO! It am THEM again!!! THEM!!!
WHY? Why them always getting product endorsements? Why them always getting corporate sponsorship?? ...and phone cover am of HIM...
HIM!!!
If people know truth bout him they no want him on cheap plastic phone cover type thingy! First or all, you ever see him hair? Mange. Second, you ever see how skinny he am? Meth-head. Third, you ever see big chain they keep on him? BDSM freak. AND the way he act am faker than Milli Vanilli! He have Ph.D. in music & theater, but play up wild and crazy thing because if truth come out he be in same trouble like Michael Jackson!
YAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!! Them!
Post a Comment
NO! It am THEM again!!! THEM!!!
WHY? Why them always getting product endorsements? Why them always getting corporate sponsorship?? ...and phone cover am of HIM...
HIM!!!
If people know truth bout him they no want him on cheap plastic phone cover type thingy! First or all, you ever see him hair? Mange. Second, you ever see how skinny he am? Meth-head. Third, you ever see big chain they keep on him? BDSM freak. AND the way he act am faker than Milli Vanilli! He have Ph.D. in music & theater, but play up wild and crazy thing because if truth come out he be in same trouble like Michael Jackson!
YAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!! Them!
<< Home

