Wednesday, May 18, 2005

 

slow down, you move too fast

According to our realtor, about 20 agents showed up to look the place over. Not bad for two hours. Hopefully they'll return with clients on Sunday and those clients will bring their fat checkbooks. Or their thin checkbooks that withdraw funds from a fat bank account. Yeah, I like the latter better. It's not the size of the checkbook, it's what you can do with it...

The "check engine" light on my car is on. I used to drive a 1966 Chevy Malibu. It looked like the one in the link, except it was four-door. That car didn't have air conditioning, no power steering, no power brakes, no nothing. Just an engine. So when the "check engine" light came on in that car, you pulled the hell over right away. It meant something was grinding against something else in a very bad way. Now I drive a VW Beetle from this century, and I can barely tell where to put the oil. It has a computer and a million parts. According to the manual, when the "check engine" light comes on there's a problem with the emissions system. That's pretty vague. Does that mean I'm polluting the air a little more than usual, or if I turn on the air conditioner carbon monoxide will pour into the car?

I dropped it off at the garage near my house, walked across the street to the 7-11, got cash from the ATM and coffee, called a cab, waited in parking lot for cab, and rode in to work. Hopefully it's something simple they can fix easily. Last time, maybe a year ago, it was an oxygen sensor. I don't even know what it does. Does it regulate how much oxygen the engine gets? I really need my car fixed today because tomorrow is a full day. Wake up, make sure house is immaculate, drive cats to boarding place, head in to work, work, leave at 3:30 for three days at the river. Maybe drive to a larger town sometime this weekend and catch the new Star Wars.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?