Tuesday, May 24, 2005
rubbing eyes, looking around
Haven't updated in a while, huh? We took Friday off and got out of town. Had a relaxing weekend and returned Sunday after the open house. The realtor said about 60 people came by and looked the place over. Now we just wait. Make an offer, dammit!
I've been so tense about this. Haven't spoken much about it, beyond the blog. I just want this fucker sold.
Our office is having a health fair today, including:
Blood Pressure- How hard does your heart have to work?
Body Fat- What percent body fat do you have? A FUTREX device measures body fat painlessly, by passing an infrared light through your bicep.
Health Age Profile- Are you older or younger than your chronological age? Find out whether your health habits are adding to or taking away from your life expectancy.
Grip Strength- Find out how strong your grip is.
Stress Booth- Use a bio-dot to determine your stress level. Make a "stress-balloon." Pick up information on how to assess and reduce stress.
Women's and Men's Health Booth- Hands-on booth provides a variety of information on cancer reduction, heart health and disease prevention.
Nutrition- Displays and handouts.
Cholesterol- Finger-stick method gives results in minutes. Total and HDL (good) cholesterol.
I think I'm going to get every test I can. Might as well get the bad news early, right? I've never had my cholesterol tested, and I'm curious where I stand, with the "french fry and little exercise diet" I've been on recently. They'll probably tell me exercise will help with the stress. It's pouring rain here today. What are the odds of someone coming to see our house? We're supposedly looking at offers tomorrow. (That is if we get one. GAREHGEUGHJEHGEH!)
My sister-in-law's band has released their first 12 inch single. Check it out HERE. That's her on the cover. She's the singer. (She was an actress at one point, and I saw one of her movies. It included Cinemax-type simulated sex scenes. Awkward!)
There's a holiday weekend coming up, and I'm not sure I can enjoy it if our stupid house is still on the market. I sound so fucking self-absorbed and pathetically materialistic, I know. That makes my whining worse. I found out over the weekend a cousin of mine (somewhat distant. She's the granddaughter of my Grandfather's sister) has breast cancer and will need to have a mastectomy (both breasts removed). She's 29 and has a newborn. You see how disgusted I am with myself for worrying about a stupid piece of shit house?
Still haven't seen the new Star Wars, and I NEED to do this.
I've been so tense about this. Haven't spoken much about it, beyond the blog. I just want this fucker sold.
Our office is having a health fair today, including:
Blood Pressure- How hard does your heart have to work?
Body Fat- What percent body fat do you have? A FUTREX device measures body fat painlessly, by passing an infrared light through your bicep.
Health Age Profile- Are you older or younger than your chronological age? Find out whether your health habits are adding to or taking away from your life expectancy.
Grip Strength- Find out how strong your grip is.
Stress Booth- Use a bio-dot to determine your stress level. Make a "stress-balloon." Pick up information on how to assess and reduce stress.
Women's and Men's Health Booth- Hands-on booth provides a variety of information on cancer reduction, heart health and disease prevention.
Nutrition- Displays and handouts.
Cholesterol- Finger-stick method gives results in minutes. Total and HDL (good) cholesterol.
I think I'm going to get every test I can. Might as well get the bad news early, right? I've never had my cholesterol tested, and I'm curious where I stand, with the "french fry and little exercise diet" I've been on recently. They'll probably tell me exercise will help with the stress. It's pouring rain here today. What are the odds of someone coming to see our house? We're supposedly looking at offers tomorrow. (That is if we get one. GAREHGEUGHJEHGEH!)
My sister-in-law's band has released their first 12 inch single. Check it out HERE. That's her on the cover. She's the singer. (She was an actress at one point, and I saw one of her movies. It included Cinemax-type simulated sex scenes. Awkward!)
There's a holiday weekend coming up, and I'm not sure I can enjoy it if our stupid house is still on the market. I sound so fucking self-absorbed and pathetically materialistic, I know. That makes my whining worse. I found out over the weekend a cousin of mine (somewhat distant. She's the granddaughter of my Grandfather's sister) has breast cancer and will need to have a mastectomy (both breasts removed). She's 29 and has a newborn. You see how disgusted I am with myself for worrying about a stupid piece of shit house?
Still haven't seen the new Star Wars, and I NEED to do this.
Comments:
<< Home
Yeah, I try to curb the cursing in my posts. I have a master's degree in English. I should be able to be more creative than to just curse for effect. But I've been stressed and mad and scared and tired the past few weeks, and it sort of had to be said. I'll try to bottle it back up for a while!
I've had health tests before that include the grip strength test. They always leave me wondering why a patient would need to know this. Does it work under the principle that every person needs some positive news?
"I hate to break this to you, but your cholesterol is over 300, your blood pressure is through the roof, and your body fat hovers somewhere around 45 percent. But there is some good news -- You have amazing strength in your left hand! ... Also, I just saved hundreds of dollars in car insurance by switching to GEICO!"
P.S. Two F-bombs and one shit. That's like a record. :P
Post a Comment
"I hate to break this to you, but your cholesterol is over 300, your blood pressure is through the roof, and your body fat hovers somewhere around 45 percent. But there is some good news -- You have amazing strength in your left hand! ... Also, I just saved hundreds of dollars in car insurance by switching to GEICO!"
P.S. Two F-bombs and one shit. That's like a record. :P
<< Home

