Thursday, May 26, 2005
Open house, take 2 (automatic do-over!)
Last night my wife's mom came down and we looked at each room of the house. We grudgingly admitted it was a little "spare" looking. We wanted to go minimalist so people could imagine their things in the house, but apparently people are stupid. Example: In our second bedroom, we had a desk, chair, and the sleeper sofa. I suppose people can't see that as a bedroom. Well, here's what we did: Laura and her mom went shopping, and I got to work at home. I took two doors off their hinges and moved the sleeper sofa into the master bedroom. I put the futon in the second bedroom, opened as a bed. I took the mattress off the sleeper sofa to raise the height of the futon, and made it up with a comforter and pillows. Now it is a full-sized bed and people can see that yes, a bed will easily fit in there. Then I replaced the doors and touched up a couple of places the stupid sleeper sofa (which I had to move on its end) had scratched. We had a lot of pure white paint left over though, so my cover-up worked great.
Wife and her mom returned with a chair for the family room, a small coffee table for the living room, a slipcover for the sleeper sofa, and random pillows for here and there.
We're having another open house this Sunday. The realtor said people do indeed shop for houses on the holiday weekend, so okay. We're heading to the river Friday after work, returning Monday evening. Our schedule next week is also pretty frantic. On Tuesday we close on the other house. (We have the final walk-through that early afternoon too.) On Thursday, the movers are coming. The other company is also delivering the pod storage units to the new house. If the units are dropped off in the morning, the movers will unload them for us too. If the movers are gone, I get to do it.
I guess things will be all calm again around mid-June.
Confession: For today's post, I just pasted in the text from an email response to my mother, with a few specifics dropped. Yeah, I cheated.
All new content: I watched the season finale of Lost. I need to check the obsessive message board about the show. I'm sure there are things I missed.
Wife and her mom returned with a chair for the family room, a small coffee table for the living room, a slipcover for the sleeper sofa, and random pillows for here and there.
We're having another open house this Sunday. The realtor said people do indeed shop for houses on the holiday weekend, so okay. We're heading to the river Friday after work, returning Monday evening. Our schedule next week is also pretty frantic. On Tuesday we close on the other house. (We have the final walk-through that early afternoon too.) On Thursday, the movers are coming. The other company is also delivering the pod storage units to the new house. If the units are dropped off in the morning, the movers will unload them for us too. If the movers are gone, I get to do it.
I guess things will be all calm again around mid-June.
Confession: For today's post, I just pasted in the text from an email response to my mother, with a few specifics dropped. Yeah, I cheated.
All new content: I watched the season finale of Lost. I need to check the obsessive message board about the show. I'm sure there are things I missed.
