Friday, May 27, 2005

 

In the mood for something dumb

Taking a half day today. We need to sign some more papers, then I'm going to try to beat some monster traffic out of town. Good luck. DC on a Friday is traffic hell, but Friday before a three-day weekend? It's always important to pee one last time before you get in the car on those days, lemme tell ya. Nothing worse than knowing you have another 30 minutes in 2 MPH traffic and you're whispering to yourself the song Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now...

Hopefully all this stuff will wrap up by the end of next week. I want to write about stupid fun things, not stupid stressful things.

Stupid stuff I could be writing about if I weren't so self-absorbed:

*Chris Tucker, Jay Leno, and George Lopez: witness for the defense at Michael Jackson's trial(!)

*Tom Cruise fake-dating that Dawson's Creek chick that's half his age, and adamantly condemning psychology and psychiatry as pseudo-sciences. (From the man that follows a "religion" invented by a science fiction writer. And not even a very good science fiction writer!) He also said post-partum depression should be treated with vitamins. Ass hat.

*Recently released documents show the Koran-bashing may have gone on as early as 2002. Newsweek article not false?

*In the course of our cleaning and boxing things, I found my autographed copy of the album More Fun in the New World, by the band X, signed by the entire band: John Doe, Billy Zoom, D.J. Bonebrake, and the wonderful Exene Cervenka. Interesting piece of useless trivia: Exene Cervenka's ex-husband is Viggo Mortensen, Aragorn of Lord of the Rings.

I'll return to my beloved pop/trash-culture soon. I promise.

Comments:
Ass hat. Best phrase of the day!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?