Monday, May 16, 2005
I can see the finish line.
We are so close to being ready. How close? We're at the "deciding what to put where on the walls" stage. I took Friday off and stayed home to do some things around the house, and to point out things to the painters since they were finishing up. Today a cleaning crew is coming to wash all the windows inside and out, and to give the house a "deep clean" (the man's words. I don't know what that entails exactly. Guess I'll find out when I get home!) After work I'll cut the grass one last time and we should be set. We'll just need three couples to decide they must have our house and have a bidding war this weekend. Okay? Thanks.
We went to the river this weekend. It took until around midmorning Saturday for us to start relaxing, as we were still tense from our week of stress hell. We both woke up at 2:30 am the first night there. Very strange. I watched the series finale of Enterprise Friday night. The producers had said it was going to be a valentine to the fans. It was more like a big "F You" to the fans. Yeah, it was nice to see the TNG people guesting, but how appropriate was it? It really marginalized the current series. As De correctly says, "The series deserved to go out on its own, not serve as a footnote."
And the way they killed a major character...If you want me to really geek out with the analogies, it's like the way Bendis killed Hawkeye in Avengers Disassembled recently. His quiver catches fire and he flies into the exhaust of a ship, committing suicide in a pretty meaningless gesture. That's how the death of this character was on Enterprise. Especially since it was shown as a flashback that had occurred several centuries ago! Could you be forced to feel more emotionally removed? The producers DARE you to try to care about the characters! Oh well.
More later.
We went to the river this weekend. It took until around midmorning Saturday for us to start relaxing, as we were still tense from our week of stress hell. We both woke up at 2:30 am the first night there. Very strange. I watched the series finale of Enterprise Friday night. The producers had said it was going to be a valentine to the fans. It was more like a big "F You" to the fans. Yeah, it was nice to see the TNG people guesting, but how appropriate was it? It really marginalized the current series. As De correctly says, "The series deserved to go out on its own, not serve as a footnote."
And the way they killed a major character...If you want me to really geek out with the analogies, it's like the way Bendis killed Hawkeye in Avengers Disassembled recently. His quiver catches fire and he flies into the exhaust of a ship, committing suicide in a pretty meaningless gesture. That's how the death of this character was on Enterprise. Especially since it was shown as a flashback that had occurred several centuries ago! Could you be forced to feel more emotionally removed? The producers DARE you to try to care about the characters! Oh well.
More later.
Comments:
<< Home
Hope somebody is there to supervise the "deep clean." I mean, I picture you coming home and the house being emptied of all its belongings because they were "cluttering up the joint."
Hey, at least you'd save money on moving vans. ^_^
Post a Comment
Hey, at least you'd save money on moving vans. ^_^
<< Home

