Wednesday, May 04, 2005
Damn it! Pick me! Pick me!
We put a bid in on another house yesterday, and the realtor called last night to tell us we were outbid. We can't believe what people are willing to pay for houses around here. This one was really nice, too. Damn.
The guy with the bungalow is still interested in selling us his home, so we're considering that. It's not as nice a place, but comes with a lot more land, and the land will probably be worth much more than the house someday, as everything around us continues to expand faster than the waistlines of our nation's children. We're making a pros and cons list now.
If you've never done it before, bidding on a house is like trying to hook up at a party. (Please keep in mind that depending on your age/geographic location, "hooking up" may mean something completely different from what I think it means, okay?) Imagine you're 15, and you somehow got invited to a college party. There are a lot of older good looking people there. You make eye contact with someone across the room, and she/he smiles at you. Oh God. Okay, be cool. You start to cross the room, feeling your heart beat in your skull. Now you're next to the person, making small talk, cracking a joke. The other person laughs, and things are going well. All right, this seems promising. He/she excuses him/herself to go to the bathroom. Fifteen minutes later, you spot him/her walking out the door with someone else. THAT'S what it feels like when you don't get the house.
------------
Finally a new episode of Lost on tonight. Some critics are already whining that it will probably turn into another Twin Peaks or X Files where the mysteries drag on and are never satisfactorily answered. Yes, those shows went out with whimpers rather than bangs, but they were fun rides while they lasted.
Does anyone know how to bypass the copy protection on a music CD? I bought one without noticing it was copy protected, and it won't let me put the songs on my iPod. Furthermore, the booklet's fine print says "In some players (car CD players, for example) difficulty in playback may be encountered." That's exactly what happened. I can't add the songs to my iPod, and it won't play in my car. Great. I bought a CD I can only listen to in my house. Thanks a lot. I know there has to be some hacking tips online to get around this stupid thing. I just have to find them.
The guy with the bungalow is still interested in selling us his home, so we're considering that. It's not as nice a place, but comes with a lot more land, and the land will probably be worth much more than the house someday, as everything around us continues to expand faster than the waistlines of our nation's children. We're making a pros and cons list now.
If you've never done it before, bidding on a house is like trying to hook up at a party. (Please keep in mind that depending on your age/geographic location, "hooking up" may mean something completely different from what I think it means, okay?) Imagine you're 15, and you somehow got invited to a college party. There are a lot of older good looking people there. You make eye contact with someone across the room, and she/he smiles at you. Oh God. Okay, be cool. You start to cross the room, feeling your heart beat in your skull. Now you're next to the person, making small talk, cracking a joke. The other person laughs, and things are going well. All right, this seems promising. He/she excuses him/herself to go to the bathroom. Fifteen minutes later, you spot him/her walking out the door with someone else. THAT'S what it feels like when you don't get the house.
------------
Finally a new episode of Lost on tonight. Some critics are already whining that it will probably turn into another Twin Peaks or X Files where the mysteries drag on and are never satisfactorily answered. Yes, those shows went out with whimpers rather than bangs, but they were fun rides while they lasted.
Does anyone know how to bypass the copy protection on a music CD? I bought one without noticing it was copy protected, and it won't let me put the songs on my iPod. Furthermore, the booklet's fine print says "In some players (car CD players, for example) difficulty in playback may be encountered." That's exactly what happened. I can't add the songs to my iPod, and it won't play in my car. Great. I bought a CD I can only listen to in my house. Thanks a lot. I know there has to be some hacking tips online to get around this stupid thing. I just have to find them.
Comments:
<< Home
"If you've never done it before, bidding on a house is like trying to hook up at a party. ... You make eye contact with someone across the room, and she/he smiles at you. ... He/she excuses him/herself to go to the bathroom. Fifteen minutes later, you spot him/her walking out the door with someone else."
So ... let me get this straight. What you're saying is you whored yourself out to some bungalows, a couple of split-levels, maybe even a duplex or two ... and now your house has a bad case of The Clap??
Have a little self-respect. You guys can't just open your back door to every Realtor that comes along.
So ... let me get this straight. What you're saying is you whored yourself out to some bungalows, a couple of split-levels, maybe even a duplex or two ... and now your house has a bad case of The Clap??
Have a little self-respect. You guys can't just open your back door to every Realtor that comes along.
Does anyone know how to bypass the copy protection on a music CD?
I know there has to be some hacking tips online to get around this stupid thing. I just have to find them.
You am in luck!
Monstee's Copy Protected CD Hack
Get youself small knife, X-ACTO or box cutter. (Nail or nailfile will work, but need to be strong)
Put big long gouge in playing side of CD. Deep and long type scratch. Put CD back in case and take back to store. Exchange for new "Non-Protected" CD of same type.
Enjoy.
:]
Post a Comment
I know there has to be some hacking tips online to get around this stupid thing. I just have to find them.
You am in luck!
Monstee's Copy Protected CD Hack
Get youself small knife, X-ACTO or box cutter. (Nail or nailfile will work, but need to be strong)
Put big long gouge in playing side of CD. Deep and long type scratch. Put CD back in case and take back to store. Exchange for new "Non-Protected" CD of same type.
Enjoy.
:]
<< Home

