Thursday, April 07, 2005

 

This is so unexpected...

I've gone through a long period of not remembering my dreams lately, so when I do wake up recalling one, I try to get it down before it's gone. Last night I dreamed I won a Grammy for the audio recording of my book. (In my dream I'd written a book.) I was surprised to be nominated, but when they told me--in advance--that I was going to win, I started rummaging through the trunk of my car looking for the blazer I had last worn to someone's funeral. They were going to call my name and I couldn't find the jacket. I ended up going on stage without it, and I woke up just as I said "This is so unexpected..." (Oh, one of the nominees I had beaten was Bill Clinton.)

I never got to see the title of my book.

Do you know what it all means?

[Tomorrow: What it all means. At least to me]

Comments:
The fact that the blazer was worn to a funeral and left in the trunk of your car is interesting. It means that you are able to get over grief quickly (you can put it behind you). The fact that you won an award says that you crave prestige, and the fact that you were looking for your blazer (to look presentable) show that you put a lot of stock in personal presentation. That you didn't know the title of your book is particularly peculiar (alliteration). You also lied ("this is so unexpected") to the crowd, showing that your subconscious self knows that you say what people want to hear in social situations, like you refuse to violate certain social norms, and your subconscious knows this.
 
I agree largely with what AGF said, with a couple of exceptions. Like AGF, I think the award shows you want to be recognized for your achievements. The blazer, I believe, represents the way you want the world to see you (think personality, not appearance). Your coat was nice, but lost in your trunk. Perhaps you feel like you're lost among your colleagues when you want to stand out to your bosses or friends.

The stage is something that comes up extensively in dream interpretation, and for an interesting reason. Generally dreams are symbolic of the way you want things to turn out OR the way you believe things will turn out. However, dream interpreters often correlate your actions on stange in a dream to your actions in real life -- the way you actually behave instead of the way you want to behave. So perhaps going on stage without your blazer is a sign that you're chugging along right now believing that you don't really stand out from the crowd, but in hopes of being recognized for your work anyway.
 
Well... Me know it am NOT about "Penis Envy"!

Am jacket single breasted or double? If single then...
sometimes dream am just a dream,

...if double then you am sexually frustrated "Boobaholic" that want to show off you stuff in front of group of people while getting paid for dominating ex-president.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?