Friday, April 29, 2005

 

Sometimes all I need is the air that I breathe...

Ah...Friday morning. Leftover Chinese food in the fridge for lunch, Alphabetical by the French band Phoenix playing on the iPod. I would need pharmaceuticals to get any more mellow.

Oh, we saw the updated listing for the house we entered an offer for on Monday. The asking price has been quietly lowered $25,000, putting it within putting distance of our offer that they refused 30 minutes after receiving. We were the only bid they got, and now I imagine they wish they had at least tried for a counter offer.You know how you get the feeling--quite strongly and suddenly sometimes--that something is "hinky"? That's what I've got from this. Lola still likes the place, but now I feel like someone slammed the door in my face, then opened it a crack and said, "Oh, are you still here? Wanna come in?" It's hard not to take this personally. The house has a hink vibe now. It would take a lot of incentive for me to want it again.

We're getting out of town this weekend. Going to relax and not think about anything for a few days. Read a little, watch a few movies (House of Flying Daggers, Hotel Rwanda) and just enjoy the moment together.

Comments:
Getting out of town for the weekend, eh? Maybe spending some time with the wifey will help re-center you and give you a new perspective on the house.

Have fun, be safe, don't do anything I wouldn't do. ^_^
 
mellowed out at work is always a plus. have fun this weekend!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?