Tuesday, April 05, 2005

 

In the voice of Floyd the barber: Boy needs a haircut. Oohh...

Lordy, do I need a haircut. I wait forever between haircuts, like maybe once every six weeks. It's not a money saving plan, because I go to a barbershop down the street for $12. The place has six barbers, three male, three female, all Vietnamese. I think all of them have taken a swipe at my head at one time or another, because for $12, I'm not exactly picky about which one does it. The male barbers talk to you more, but I can take or leave small talk anyway, so it's fine by me. My wife would prefer if I went more often. She says it's too drastic a change. I wait six weeks until my hair is all bushy and wavy, then boom(!) it's short again. I won't even talk about shaving. I hate shaving. I do it every (week)day because I don't want to look like I've been on a drinking binge the night before and didn't make it home. Shaving is a pain. (Yeah yeah, ladies, you don't have to mention armpits and legs...I know. But in the winter, you can go days without shaving anything. I don't have that luxury.)

Last night we caught the end of some design show, and they were redoing a dormroom for this guy. They installed a mirror on the other side of the small room that ran horizontally the length of the bed. Ick. The last thing a college guy needs is a full length mirror across from he bed. When they did the "final reveal" I said "Great, now he can watch himself masturbate," and my wife responded that women would get freaked out if they went back to his room after a first date and saw a mirror running the length of the bed.

Comments:
Why don't you just grow a beard and a mustache so you can just trim occasionally?

Ooh, or just a beard like Abe Lincoln??
 
Well, beards...beards aren't for me. They're for burly guys named Chuck. And the mustache...that's for Kip from Napoleon Dynamite.
 
If you don't like shaving, you've got two other options: (a.) rip it off with hot wax, or (b.) burn it off with Nair.

In fact, Nair has just introduced a product for men only (http://www.nairformen.com), so you can smell like manly burning hair instead of girly burning hair. :-P
 
Be careful around that Floyd; he's a member of the Secret Handshake Club.
 
I know a burly guy named Chuck, and he just has a HINT of a goatee. Tell me you honestly haven't thought about being a lumberjack [cue Monty Python Lumberjack song]
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?