Friday, March 11, 2005

 

Working for the (wo)man.

It just occurred to me that only once in my life has my boss (direct supervisor) been a male.

Random jobs I've had and gender of boss:

Donut shop: Female
J. Crew: Female
Teaching assistant: Female
Research assistant: Female
Painting lines in parking lots: Male
Peace Corps: Female
College administration office assistant: Female
Museum desk worker: Female
Nonprofit intern: Female
Nonprofit publisher #1: Female
Nonprofit publisher #2: Female

I don't draw any conclusions from this list, other than I've done an okay job of avoiding manual labor most of my life. It's just interesting that over 90% of my bosses have been female.




Michael Jackson attempting to blow off court like a fifth grader skipping class was pretty funny. He either doesn't grasp the seriousness of his situation, or he's extremely confident that his money and celebrity will get him out of this in the end (which certainly may be the case). I'm not sure of his guilt or innocence (this time; the first instance a decade earlier is a different story). The family making the claims seem pretty sketchy too, but any family that thinks it's a good idea for their son to sleep in Michael Jackson's bed has their own issues already. But at least this case has added the term Jesus Juice to our lexicon. At least we have that.

Comments:
I'd trade you. Woman bosses always seem more, well, non-jackassy.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?