Monday, March 28, 2005
Please lower your voice. And kill those fluorescent lights.
I'm getting a sinus headache this morning, so I'm just trying to keep working and make it to the end of the day so I can go home and collapse. Nausea and rainy Monday mornings do not make for a conducive work combination.
I did a little demolition over the weekend. We have a small half-basement at our house, big enough for storage, but not the kind of room you'd willingly spend time in (the water heater and furnace in the corner don't make for much to look at). The room had been dominated by an enormous workbench the previous owner had assembled with scrap wood decades ago. A hammer and a crowbar--and a few hours later--and the entire thing was stacked in the backyard in tiny pieces. The previous owner made this ugly thing with permanence in mind. The legs of one half had been actually nailed into the wall with three-inch spikes. The room is now three times bigger. It's a nice feeling when I forget I did it, then open the door for some reason and the "Wow, this room's big!" feeling washes over me. Unlike the waves of nausea I feel when I turn my head too quickly this morning. Ugh.
I did a little demolition over the weekend. We have a small half-basement at our house, big enough for storage, but not the kind of room you'd willingly spend time in (the water heater and furnace in the corner don't make for much to look at). The room had been dominated by an enormous workbench the previous owner had assembled with scrap wood decades ago. A hammer and a crowbar--and a few hours later--and the entire thing was stacked in the backyard in tiny pieces. The previous owner made this ugly thing with permanence in mind. The legs of one half had been actually nailed into the wall with three-inch spikes. The room is now three times bigger. It's a nice feeling when I forget I did it, then open the door for some reason and the "Wow, this room's big!" feeling washes over me. Unlike the waves of nausea I feel when I turn my head too quickly this morning. Ugh.
