Wednesday, March 02, 2005

 

I am technology's bitch

Remember when I mentioned my wife got XM so she could listen to MORE public radio? Well, she let me play around with it and I discovered there's a lot on it I dig. So, last night we went to Circuit City and I picked up an XM SkyFi2 for myself. We got a dock for it, and it plugs into the back of the stereo, so now we have XM in our house. (I've decided against the car kit for now. My office is close enough to where I live that I don't really need it for that short a drive.)

What's good on it? They have a station of only African music, and in less than 10 minutes after turning to it, they played Tiken Jah Fakoly, the reggae artist from Ivory Coast I saw perform live in Burkina Faso, August 1999. He was amazing. He sang in a mixture of French, English, and Djula (local West African language) and he dressed like Obi Wan Kenobi (that's how I'd describe it, from my anglo-western perspective. All earth tones and flowing robes with hoods).

They also satisfy my '80s music fix, with stations called Fred, Ethyl, and Lucy; U Pop, for all the Global chart hits (you can here what's topping the charts in Finland); jazz; '60s soul; '70s R&B; etc. It's $6 a month since I'm added to La's plan.

Oh, Thanks for the good vibes, guys. I appreciate it.

Finally, and I want season 2 of Wonder Woman, okay? Linda Carter...Whoa.

Comments:
Me+XM Radio=True Love 4ever

Anybody+Jennifer Lopez=zero

Or something. I'm not too great at math.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?