Thursday, March 24, 2005

 

He has the force, just no short-term memory

So I remembered my lunch this morning, but when I arrived at work I realized I left my wedding ring on the sink. Oops. Sorry, honey.

I actually don't like starting sentences with "so," though I do it all the time. It implies you're continuing a previous conversation that had been momentarily interrupted. It gives me the urge to say outrageous things, like "So we've got the guy tied up and in the trunk, but I suddenly notice all the blood on my hands, and the waitress is staring at me with a 'you're not going to be a big tipper' look on her face..."

I picked up the Clone Wars DVD yesterday and watched it. I ended up missing most of the three minute episodes when they originally aired on Cartoon Network, so it was nice to be able to hit "play all" and see the entire series in a continuous, seamless hour. I was worried I'd have to watch credits every three minutes, but they cut them all out, which was considerate.

Final thought: The reason fanatics are so successful at getting their agendas across (and I mean people or groups of people fanatic about anything, sports, religion, evolution teaching, need for more speed bumps in a parking lot...anything) is because they are so motivated. They campaign, they write letters, they carry signs, they give good blurbs in news interviews, they quit their jobs and travel across the country to go where the story is taking place. Ordinary Americans simply can't muster the energy to get that riled up. Also, the fanatics campaign hard for change, and ordinary Americans, no matter how happy with the way things are, are not going to march in the streets and chant "Leave things the way they are! Completely content with the status quo!"

Comments:
I'm imagining a bunch of protesters with signs marching onto, like, a regular office building, trying to demand absolutely nothing. Maybe they just wanted to be on the news.
 
"We're not gonna protest! We're not gonna protest!"


PCU was such a great movie.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?