Thursday, March 31, 2005
Activate your OnStar or the terrorists win!
Speaking of fear (see last post), specifically using fear for fun and profit...I detest the new On-Star commercials. At first, they marketed it as a cool toy. "Hey! I can use it as a phone! It will tell me where I am if I'm lost! It can unlock my car!" Now, well now they put little kids of all races and cultures in front of the camera and they ask questions as if the viewer were their parents. "Will you use it to help us when we're lost?" [C'mon kid, don't make it sound so pathetic. This isn't a toddler lost in the mall. It's you and your mommy trying to find the nearest Starbucks. Buck up.]
Of course, the worst one is "Will you use it to track the carjackers, with my little brother in the back?" WTF!?!?!? It's the whole duct tape scenario again. Buy On-Star or the terrorists will steal your minivan and your boy (Tyler, Toby, Dylan, Ethan, whatever sexually ambiguous soap opera name you shackled the kid with) will be in the back! Because you left the car running with the kid in the back while you popped into Starbucks for the mochachino, because you need a pick-me-up between play-group and book club.
Man, I'm on a roll. Sorry. I'm a little tense. This will pass.
If you do spell check, It recommends changing carjackers to churchgoers. I don't know what they're implying.
Of course, the worst one is "Will you use it to track the carjackers, with my little brother in the back?" WTF!?!?!? It's the whole duct tape scenario again. Buy On-Star or the terrorists will steal your minivan and your boy (Tyler, Toby, Dylan, Ethan, whatever sexually ambiguous soap opera name you shackled the kid with) will be in the back! Because you left the car running with the kid in the back while you popped into Starbucks for the mochachino, because you need a pick-me-up between play-group and book club.
Man, I'm on a roll. Sorry. I'm a little tense. This will pass.
If you do spell check, It recommends changing carjackers to churchgoers. I don't know what they're implying.
Comments:
<< Home
If you leave your car running with your child in the back, you deserve to have your car stolen and your child renamed Travis or something.
Starbucks sucks.
Post a Comment
Starbucks sucks.
<< Home

