Wednesday, March 09, 2005
$40 a day? That's just for food. My food. Don't touch!
I've been realllllllllllllllllllllllllly tense about a deadline at work, and it's become very noticable at home. We were watching $40 a Day last night, and Rachel Ray said she was going "Four Willin'" as she was stepping into a pink jeep. My wife looked at me and asked "Did she say 'four willin'?" I answered SHUT THE HELL UP I'LL KILL YOU!
No, I'm kidding. I said "God willin' she's going four willin'." I think you had to be there. The dog thought it was funny. Waitstaff must hate to see Rachel Ray coming as much as retaurant owners love to see her. Sure, it's great for business for her to come in and enjoy a meal and say your restaurant's name 50 times, but since she's on this $40 budget, her tips are crap. She always adds up the meal and includes tax and tip together, so you're not completely sure how much she tipped unless you know the tax rate in Arizona, but it hovers just between 10 and 15 percent. Hopefully the camera crew is at the next table ordering a lot of food and tipping 20%.
And why does Rachel love everything she eats on this show? Just once I'd like to see her take the locals' advice and go somewhere to have a meal so obviously bad she can't cover and just has to say "Okay, this place sucks."
I was browsing cafepress and ordered a t-shirt that has a cartoon of Uncle Rico's van and under it are the lines It's a free country. I can do whatever I want. Rock. On. Uncle. Rico.
No, I'm kidding. I said "God willin' she's going four willin'." I think you had to be there. The dog thought it was funny. Waitstaff must hate to see Rachel Ray coming as much as retaurant owners love to see her. Sure, it's great for business for her to come in and enjoy a meal and say your restaurant's name 50 times, but since she's on this $40 budget, her tips are crap. She always adds up the meal and includes tax and tip together, so you're not completely sure how much she tipped unless you know the tax rate in Arizona, but it hovers just between 10 and 15 percent. Hopefully the camera crew is at the next table ordering a lot of food and tipping 20%.
And why does Rachel love everything she eats on this show? Just once I'd like to see her take the locals' advice and go somewhere to have a meal so obviously bad she can't cover and just has to say "Okay, this place sucks."
I was browsing cafepress and ordered a t-shirt that has a cartoon of Uncle Rico's van and under it are the lines It's a free country. I can do whatever I want. Rock. On. Uncle. Rico.

