Friday, February 04, 2005

 

Take Me to the River

Title from the great Al Green song, because that's where I'm heading after work, with my dog. We'll meet the wife down there tonight. Looking forward to some sunshine and mild temps. I'm tired of gray clouds and snow.

Sad to hear that Ossie Davis died at age 87 (wow, he looked good, though! I never would have guessed he was that old!). If you haven't seen Bubba Ho-Tep, you haven't seen the touching story of the friendship between an elderly Elvis Presley and JFK with his skin dyed black. Really, Ossie added class to anything he did, no matter how freaking goofy.

Also recently deceased: John Vernon, who played Dean Wormer in the classic Animal House. He had the wonderful line "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son." Words to live by.

Comments:
Man, I get paid to watch movies and I have no idea what you're talking about. Sigh.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?