Monday, February 28, 2005
Snow hype in full effect (again)
They're calling for anywhere from 4 to 14 inches of snow today. Government is on "liberal leave" (isn't that great? Like Republicans would go to work no matter what and liberals look for any reason to slack off. Yes, I know that's not what they mean by liberal...it's just subliminal. I usually go in at 7 (flex time, baby. I go in early and leave at 3) but I'm sticking around home until 8 or so and waiting for the snow to start. Might just end up taking a personal day anyway.
We watched I heart Huckabees and Motorcycle Diaries yesterday. Both were...not bad. Huckabees had some interesting ideas, though the comedy portion was more "chuckle" than "ha ha." Best line in the movie was from Albert's mother, talking to a French author: "Are you a bitch? What a bitch. How many kids do you have, bitch?"
UPDATE: I came in to work at 8, and it looks like the idiots got it wrong again. Now they're saying 3-6 inches, more likely toward the low end. This AFTER all schools closed. Someone should do a story on how much money incorrect forecasts cost taxpayers by closing schools and lost time at work.
We watched I heart Huckabees and Motorcycle Diaries yesterday. Both were...not bad. Huckabees had some interesting ideas, though the comedy portion was more "chuckle" than "ha ha." Best line in the movie was from Albert's mother, talking to a French author: "Are you a bitch? What a bitch. How many kids do you have, bitch?"
UPDATE: I came in to work at 8, and it looks like the idiots got it wrong again. Now they're saying 3-6 inches, more likely toward the low end. This AFTER all schools closed. Someone should do a story on how much money incorrect forecasts cost taxpayers by closing schools and lost time at work.
Comments:
<< Home
I think the worst is the schools closing before a single friggin' snowflake hits the ground. It snows every year here in DC, but every time is played up like the first time for some stupid reason.
Post a Comment
<< Home

