Monday, February 07, 2005
Let. It. Be.
I spent a lovely Saturday afternoon watching Dead Like Me. We don't have Showtime, so I'd never seen this show, but I bought the first season on DVD, because I often spend money on things without having any idea if they are good, because I'm not very bright sometimes. After I watched the pilot, I looked at the credits and recognized the name Bryan Fuller as the creator. Fuller was also the co-creator of Wonderfalls, which means I officially love everything he does and his shows seem cursed to be canceled too soon.
I hope the conservatives were happy with the Super Bowl halftime show. A 62-year-old man singing 35-year-old songs. Nice and safe. Of course 40 years ago, southern conservatives were burning Beatles records because John Lennon mentioned the band was "bigger than Jesus," a phrase that was taken out of context, and the American south immediately branded the band a bunch of long-haired sinners. Now McCartney is the hip grandpa you can watch with your kids. I didn't watch much of the game, because football doesn't interest me. If I don't watch it all season, I don't have a lot invested in the final game.
I hope the conservatives were happy with the Super Bowl halftime show. A 62-year-old man singing 35-year-old songs. Nice and safe. Of course 40 years ago, southern conservatives were burning Beatles records because John Lennon mentioned the band was "bigger than Jesus," a phrase that was taken out of context, and the American south immediately branded the band a bunch of long-haired sinners. Now McCartney is the hip grandpa you can watch with your kids. I didn't watch much of the game, because football doesn't interest me. If I don't watch it all season, I don't have a lot invested in the final game.
Comments:
<< Home
McCartney. Probably the only halftime show that both my parents and I could agree on. Well, we might all agree on a public flogging of Vin Diesel, too, but that's more of a "there is no Satan, only Vin Diesel" family tradition.
Post a Comment
<< Home

