Tuesday, February 22, 2005
It's better to play in a band than with yourself.
(Title of today's entry is from Grease 2. Seen it?) I managed to watch Slaughter's Big Rip-Off, and Black Mama, White Mama before my wife asked if I was going to hide and watch blaxploitation movies all weekend. Um...I guess if that's not an option, then no... So we did couples-type stuff after that, which isn't a lot different from what you do alone, except there are more positions. (Just a suggestive joke after a three-day weekend. Forgive me.)
I'm in the process of updating my iPod software, which shouldn't be a problem, except we have dial-up at home, and the program takes between 5 and 7 hours to download with dial-up. My wife instead downloaded it at her office in 15 minutes and burned it onto a disc for me, so I can update it tonight. Our server at work has a lot of blocks on it, so we can't download things, for fear of a big hulking virus. By the way, I'm updating my iPod because though I've had it for quite a while, I've never even glanced at the iTunes store to purchase music for 99 cents. I have a $15 card that came with the iPod, and I figured I might as well use it. But I started browsing the store and couldn't think of anything I was looking for. The most downloaded songs list didn't inspire me, and for some artists, my collection is better than iTunes, which might have one greatest hits album by a band, while I might have all eight of this band's cds, and I'm looking for some b-side.
I'm polling for good suggestions for books to read. Anyone read anything worth recommending recently? (Don't say DaVinci Code. I'm not reading that.)
I'm in the process of updating my iPod software, which shouldn't be a problem, except we have dial-up at home, and the program takes between 5 and 7 hours to download with dial-up. My wife instead downloaded it at her office in 15 minutes and burned it onto a disc for me, so I can update it tonight. Our server at work has a lot of blocks on it, so we can't download things, for fear of a big hulking virus. By the way, I'm updating my iPod because though I've had it for quite a while, I've never even glanced at the iTunes store to purchase music for 99 cents. I have a $15 card that came with the iPod, and I figured I might as well use it. But I started browsing the store and couldn't think of anything I was looking for. The most downloaded songs list didn't inspire me, and for some artists, my collection is better than iTunes, which might have one greatest hits album by a band, while I might have all eight of this band's cds, and I'm looking for some b-side.
I'm polling for good suggestions for books to read. Anyone read anything worth recommending recently? (Don't say DaVinci Code. I'm not reading that.)
Comments:
<< Home
Good Books: The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini and Welcome to Hard Times by E.L. Doctorow. Also, The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgokov. Not Good Books: Men are From Mars, Women are from Venus; my mom's diary.
More Good Books: Mind Over Matters by Mike Nelson, A Year at the Movies by Kevin Murphy, and anything by Alton Brown (his latest being I'm Just Here for More Food). If you're in the mood for Star Trek, I highly recommend Federation by Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens.
Thanks for the ideas, guys.
De: I'm an MST whore, so I've read Mike and Kevin's books. I liked Mike's a little more, since you couldn't really read Kevin's all at once, or it got too repetitive.
Lauren: You don't know, I might LIKE your mom's diary.
Post a Comment
De: I'm an MST whore, so I've read Mike and Kevin's books. I liked Mike's a little more, since you couldn't really read Kevin's all at once, or it got too repetitive.
Lauren: You don't know, I might LIKE your mom's diary.
<< Home

