Tuesday, February 15, 2005

 

I'd really rather celebrate VE day.

Yes, I'm still around. I've just been busy, and a little stressed, and unmotivated to write when I did have the time. I've been watching some episodes of Sliders, and thinking about the implications of the show. An infinite number of worlds, and each time you slide, you arrive at the exact spot you were on in the previous world(s). There has to be a little give and take in that coordinates though. Supposed you were in a field when you left, and the Earth you arrive on has a building there. Would you reappear within the walls and die? Yes, thoughts like these keep me up at night.

Valentine's Day. We had a nice day, and I love my wife like nobody's business ('cause it's not) but what a SCAM holiday! Buy her flowers, buy her a card, buy her candy, buy her a gift, Why don't they just name the holiday "All About Men Propping Up America's Retailers" day and get it over with, since most of the shit purchased for that day is by men for women? I got stuff too, don't think I'm bitter and giftless, but I think it would be more romantic if we picked a personal day between ourselves, like March 19 (for no better reason than it's a random Saturday), when we would exchange little gifts and no one would know why. I feel like I preprogrammed slug doing all the Valentine's Day bullshit along with the other fools.

Has anyone seen the director's cut of Donny Darko? Is it worth seeing for the extra 20 minutes of footage?

Comments:
Why don't they just name the holiday "All About Men Propping Up America's Retailers" day and get it over with, since most of the shit purchased for that day is by men for women?Preach on brotha!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?