Friday, February 18, 2005
Fry-Day!
Ah, Friday before a long weekend. Is there anything better?
Oh, about our "big date" a few evenings ago: We went to dinner as planned and had a great time, but on the way to the restaurant, my wife said "I was talking to Thelma DuBois (name changed to protect, blah blah) and she said that movie (Sideways) wasn't very good at all." I could have told her it didn't look very good to me either, but she had mentioned several times wanting to see it, and you're not supposed to look at your spouse and say "Oh yeah? Well I think it looks like 2 hours of shit!" (I didn't feel that strongly against it, I just can't get over that guy being Lowell on Wings.)
So instead we went shopping after dinner. Little background: Last weekend a nun visited my mother-in-law's church. This nun works at an orphanage in Mexico. She asked the congregation if they could please consider donating children's sneakers, since the village has poor sanitation and the kids need shoes. So my mother-in-law went to Pay-less (or however you spell it) and bought FORTY-FIVE pairs of sneakers, in every size imaginable. The store was having their "buy one get one half off sale." Thus, after dinner Wednesday, we went to Pay-less, and bought 30 pairs of sneakers, in assorted kid's sizes. They completely filled my trunk and backseat. I have to take them to the church Saturday morning, so I've been driving around with them the last few days. I'm basically the muscle in this scenario, since my wife's the one with the big heart. I look good by association because I'm making the delivery, but she's got the caring soul.
I also stopped by the craft store next door (don't laugh!) and bought two record frames. I stumbled across the debut album by Barry White, called I've Got So Much Love to Give, and on the cover, he's wearing a suede coat with wide lapels, and holding four women in his open hands, and I love it. Check it out here.
Oh, don't eat at the Don Pablo's at Fair Lakes. Food was cold, and they weren't even that busy. Icky. We were there last night. The highlight of our trip out there was me finding Shaft's Big Score and Shaft in Africa for $5.50 each. If you don't know them, check imdb.com. They're not porn, though they sound like it, don't they? See, it's because my wife doesn't mock me when I make purchases like this, that I didn't say anything disparaging about Sideways.
Now then, on that note, Isaac Hayes is going to sing me out: They say this cat Shaft is a BAAAAAD mutha fu- SHUT YOUR MOUTH! But I'm just talkin' about Shaft! THEN WE CAN DIG IT...
Have a nice weekend. Stay warm.
Oh, about our "big date" a few evenings ago: We went to dinner as planned and had a great time, but on the way to the restaurant, my wife said "I was talking to Thelma DuBois (name changed to protect, blah blah) and she said that movie (Sideways) wasn't very good at all." I could have told her it didn't look very good to me either, but she had mentioned several times wanting to see it, and you're not supposed to look at your spouse and say "Oh yeah? Well I think it looks like 2 hours of shit!" (I didn't feel that strongly against it, I just can't get over that guy being Lowell on Wings.)
So instead we went shopping after dinner. Little background: Last weekend a nun visited my mother-in-law's church. This nun works at an orphanage in Mexico. She asked the congregation if they could please consider donating children's sneakers, since the village has poor sanitation and the kids need shoes. So my mother-in-law went to Pay-less (or however you spell it) and bought FORTY-FIVE pairs of sneakers, in every size imaginable. The store was having their "buy one get one half off sale." Thus, after dinner Wednesday, we went to Pay-less, and bought 30 pairs of sneakers, in assorted kid's sizes. They completely filled my trunk and backseat. I have to take them to the church Saturday morning, so I've been driving around with them the last few days. I'm basically the muscle in this scenario, since my wife's the one with the big heart. I look good by association because I'm making the delivery, but she's got the caring soul.
I also stopped by the craft store next door (don't laugh!) and bought two record frames. I stumbled across the debut album by Barry White, called I've Got So Much Love to Give, and on the cover, he's wearing a suede coat with wide lapels, and holding four women in his open hands, and I love it. Check it out here.
Oh, don't eat at the Don Pablo's at Fair Lakes. Food was cold, and they weren't even that busy. Icky. We were there last night. The highlight of our trip out there was me finding Shaft's Big Score and Shaft in Africa for $5.50 each. If you don't know them, check imdb.com. They're not porn, though they sound like it, don't they? See, it's because my wife doesn't mock me when I make purchases like this, that I didn't say anything disparaging about Sideways.
Now then, on that note, Isaac Hayes is going to sing me out: They say this cat Shaft is a BAAAAAD mutha fu- SHUT YOUR MOUTH! But I'm just talkin' about Shaft! THEN WE CAN DIG IT...
Have a nice weekend. Stay warm.
Comments:
<< Home
But who's the cat who won't cop out when there's danger all about?
I'll have to take Retroactive Continuity into the Wayback Machine and write about the time I met Isaac Hayes.
I'll have to take Retroactive Continuity into the Wayback Machine and write about the time I met Isaac Hayes.
You sure it's not porn? Anyway, that's really sweet about the shoes. Hope your weekend was spectacular!
Post a Comment
<< Home

