Thursday, February 10, 2005

 

Blogs, blood, and the British monarchy

Last night ABC news had a piece on people fired for things they said in their blogs. One KMart employee divulged confidential financial info (which was just stupid) and a flight attendant posted pics of herself posing in uniform (nothing dirty, but she showed a bit more cleavage than the uniform usually allows. She's hitting the talkshow circuit already, so she's gearing up for her 15 minutes of fame, so I can't pity her too much.

I'm lucky I enjoy my job, but even if I hated it, I wouldn't write about it here. Some things you just keep to yourself. Duh.

Oh, so now Karl Rove oversees EVERYTHING in the White House, including all policy issues, and homeland security. So if America starts looking like the movie The Siege, you'll know why. And if America starts looking like Under Siege, the movie with Steven Seagal, then we're ALL screwed.

Finally, Prince Charles announced Thursday that he will marry his lover Camilla Parker Bowles. That in itself is not a very interesting news item. The funny part is this:
Prime Minister Tony Blair also said he was "delighted."

Since the British monarchy has as much power as your average American celebrity nowadays, Blair's comment is as silly as the idea of Bush issuing a statement that he's "very disappointed" that Jennifer and Brad were getting a divorce.

Giving blood today at work, because only 6% of the population is A negative, and I would want someone to donate for me if I needed it. That, and the Red Cross bugs me all the time about how much they want my sweet, sweet blood. They can't get enough.



Comments:
You're making the Red Cross sound like some sort of vampire or something. Maybe that's what you were going for. It's funny, anyway...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?