Monday, November 01, 2004
This is November?
I'm definitely not complaining, but it was 80 degrees this weekend. I could have gone swimming.
We got home last night around 6:30, after being away for the weekend. Just in time to pass out candy to the little munchkins that came by. Oddest moment: One girl, maybe 6 years old, was wearing jeans and a red sequined halter top. All I could figure is she was supposed to be one of those Bratz dolls(?). It seemed WAY to creepy to consider asking, so I just gave her candy and closed the door quickly. The hoochie looked has finally trickled down to the toddler set.
Huge news: My best friend and his wife want to adopt a baby. They called and asked if I could be a reference for them, and I said sure. I've known him since I was 4. We met on the bus going to kindergarten. So a day after they asked, I received a letter from the agency, asking for me to describe them as individuals and as a couple. No pressure there, right?
So I'll be crafting this letter over the next day or two, in case I'm not updating. Besides, my plans are this: Vote tomorrow, watch tv in the other room and get election updates yelled to me by my wife, who will be up all night watching if it's a "too close to call" race again. After work today, I'll be going to Target to buy leaf bags, cat food, dog food, and coffee. There. That level of mind-numbingly boring detail should do it.
We got home last night around 6:30, after being away for the weekend. Just in time to pass out candy to the little munchkins that came by. Oddest moment: One girl, maybe 6 years old, was wearing jeans and a red sequined halter top. All I could figure is she was supposed to be one of those Bratz dolls(?). It seemed WAY to creepy to consider asking, so I just gave her candy and closed the door quickly. The hoochie looked has finally trickled down to the toddler set.
Huge news: My best friend and his wife want to adopt a baby. They called and asked if I could be a reference for them, and I said sure. I've known him since I was 4. We met on the bus going to kindergarten. So a day after they asked, I received a letter from the agency, asking for me to describe them as individuals and as a couple. No pressure there, right?
So I'll be crafting this letter over the next day or two, in case I'm not updating. Besides, my plans are this: Vote tomorrow, watch tv in the other room and get election updates yelled to me by my wife, who will be up all night watching if it's a "too close to call" race again. After work today, I'll be going to Target to buy leaf bags, cat food, dog food, and coffee. There. That level of mind-numbingly boring detail should do it.
