Monday, November 08, 2004

 

And I'm busy doin' nothin' all day

Great weekend, and I didn't really do anything exciting enough to write about in detail. That was the point. Just a relaxing time, watching the sailboats on the water. I had the last soft shell crab sandwich of the season (well, my last of the season. I'm sure I didn't get the last one made until next year!)

I bought a pair of those small long-range walkie-talkies (WOW. That's the first time in my life I've actually WRITTEN the word "walkie-talkie." What a stupid looking word that is. Did a 5 year old win a cereal sponsored "Name this product" contest?). They have a range of "up to" six miles. I'm not sure what "up to" means. Guess the solar winds have to be blowing the right way to get maximum range. The idea behind these is: my wife and I sometimes drive separately to the river, and if we needed to contact each other (and we're in range) these are easier and safer than pushing a lot of buttons on a cell phone during crazy traffic. You just push and talk. It has 24 channels, so hopefully my wife won't say something and get hit on by 32 different truckers in the immediate area. We'll see. Okay, I'll admit it. The geeky part of me thinks those things are really cool, and if she agrees we can use them, does it really matter why I want them?

My office gets Thursday off for Veterans' Day, so I'm taking Friday as a vacation day and making it a 4-day weekend. I'm sure over half the office is doing that.

I need to pick up some kitty valium from the vet today. Our boy cat Buzz screams like someone's pulling his tail when he has to ride in a car, while the girl cat Maddie sleeps away. So we'll give Buzz a little something to relax him. A year ago, Buzz used to sleep while Maddie screamed. Odd that they completely switched on this. It's not really valium, so don't worry. It's some herb that's slightly stronger than the regular over-the-counter stuff you can get for "tense pets." Helps mellow him out.

Comments:
Best phrase I've heard since last week: "kitty valium."
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?